Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Week 12

1. When I first started reading I was a bit confused. The beginning was a vague description of the future when death had been cured. The planet is apparently crawling with people since there is no death. I find it fascinating that people can now choose when they die. I don't know what I would do in this situation since your life is now not limited by time. There is so much more that one could accomplish, but I wonder what the world would look like and if we would actually get wiser over time.

2. I connected with Dan in the story about wanting to end well. Not in the sense of death, but in the sense of graduation from college. When Dan wants to end his life, but can't go through with it because he doesn't want to die a nobody. He wants to leave with a bang, as a hero. I relate to this because when I graduate, I want to graduate having accomplished as much as possible and have set goals for the future. I am currently nervous for graduation because I do not have a set job lined up yet. However, once I have a set job I will be excited to start the next chapter of my life, leaving a legacy behind at Ringling and starting a new journey. Much like Dan, I want to leave with a bang.

3. I would have the story take place on a traveling space ship. Since death is no longer an issue, once people are bored living on earth they can go explore other planets and galaxies. People would not have no be confined by the ways of this world, but can be free and keep their mind curious and active. 

No comments:

Post a Comment